Before Starting the Vehicle:
- Adjust the mirrors and seat.
- Fasten the safety belt.
- Know where the operating controls are located.
Starting the Vehicle:
- Vehicle is in “Park” or “Neutral”.
- Foot is on the brake pedal.
- Start the vehicle smoothly.
- Look over your shoulder before pulling into traffic.
- Stop when necessary, behind crosswalk, or limit line.
- Signal and slow for turns.
- Begin and end turns in the correct lane.
- Yield the right-of-way, when necessary.
- Accept the legal right-of-way when safe.
- See and react to hazards.
- Before moving, survey your surroundings for possible obstacles.
- Check the mirrors and look quickly to the side while backing.
- Look over your right shoulder when backing.
- Check the mirrors.
- Check over your shoulder.
- Change lanes safely.
Driving On The Freeway:
- Check the traffic flow.
- Time your entry onto the freeway.
- Check the mirrors and over your shoulder when accelerating into a gap in traffic.
- Signal early and slow to the posted speed on the exit ramp.
- Adjust your speed to the road conditions.
Defensive Driving Techniques:
- Check the mirrors frequently and before braking.
- Check the cross streets before entering an intersection.
- Check the signal lights and signs.
- Keep your eyes “moving” (watch the sides and middle of the road).
- Allow plenty of room around the vehicle.
- Follow at a safe distance.
Please contact us to get started, a new session begins this Sept 21st 2017.